It’s a party and YOU are invited! I hope to see you at Rheem Parents Back-to-School Party this Wednesday, Sept. 21 from 7:00 – 9:00 at Moraga Country Club. If you didn’t get your tickets by the deadline, feel free to “crash” the party for a $20 per person charge. Last year’s party was a BLAST, and this one promises to be great fun as well. Don’t miss out on the good times, including appetizers, desserts, a cash bar, and opportunities to win some fantastic Rheem Team swag!
This Week at Rheem:
Monday, Sept. 19
Tuesday, Sept. 20
- Rheem’s School Site Council Meeting, 3:15 – 4:00 in Rm. 25
Weds., Sept. 21
- Rheem PTA Association Meeting, beginning at 8:30 – 9:30 a.m. in the Multi-Use Room
- Superintendent Burns and Board Member Richard Severy will attend to discuss Measure V
- MSD Coordinating Council Meeting, 3:30 – 5:00 p.m. in the JM Library.
- Rheem Parent Back-to-School Party, 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. at Moraga Country Club!
Friday, Sept. 23
- BOX TOPS collected in classrooms (the first of several collections this year to see which class will win the Roadrunner Mascot)
Save the Dates
Upcoming Parent Ed Opportunities
- Tuesday, Sept 27: “Parenting the Challenging Child”
- 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. in OUSD Board Room (8 Altarinda Road in Orinda)
- Click HERE for flyer.
- Thursday, Oct. 20: “Introducing Readers’ Workshop”
- 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. in JM Library
- Click HERE for details
Rheem Elementary is a very special place that takes advantage of a “team” approach—teachers, students, and parents all joining together to promote a dynamic learning environment in which all students can thrive.
Make sure you are receiving all important communications from Rheem School. Here are the Big Three:
- Rheemarks: "Frank"ly Speaking – This weekly email (look for it on Sundays) is sent through Rheem's School Messenger System from Principal Frank. Family email addresses are pulled from our data base (the info provided at registration) to make sure that ALL families receive this newsletter. This newsletter focuses on current school events and issues. Click HERE to view the most recent edition as well as to access Rheemarks archives.
- PTA E-News – Rheem’s weekly PTA Newsletter is sent out on Wednesdays and limited to important information and updates about PTA programs, activities, opportunities, and more! Once you sign up for PTA, you’ll start receiving these informative newsletters.
- REMIND text messages -- It’s easy! It’s quick! It’s informative! Last year, we began using a new system called REMIND to send quick “texts” to parents who sign-up for this service. The one-way text messages come directly from the front office and are limited to brief, timely “Rheeminders.” This is the best way to not miss an important due date or forget a minimum day! To receive messages via text, simply text @rheem to 81010 or click HERE to download instructions.
In addition, all classroom teachers have email distribution lists to inform parents of specific classroom events. Being aware of programs, schedules, due dates, etc. is key to a successful (and less stressed!) school year for you and your child.